It’s been a long week, a REALLY long week. So, for lunch today, I wanted something easy, tasty and of course pleasing to the eye (and my camera). After soccer practice with my son this morning, we picked up a few ingredients from the local supermarket, and voila…lunch is served.
All this color. All this taste. And check this out…approximately 300 calories for the zucchini noodles, grape tomatoes, basil pesto, EVOO and grated parmesean cheese.
- 2 medium zucchini
- Grape Tomatoes (halved – as many as you like)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tbsp Grated Parmesean & Romano Cheese (or to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp Basil Pesto (I used Delallo)
- Kosher salt (a pinch or to taste)
- Rinse and run your zucchini through your spiralizer. (I cut the zucchini in half. For me, it’s easier to make nice zoodles.)
- Throw a pinch of kosher salt over your zoodles*.
- Over a medium heat, add the EVOO and the garlic, sautéing until a light golden brown.
- Add, your grape tomatoes and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Keep moving the garlic and tomatoes around the pan so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add your zoodles and pesto. Stir until the pesto is evenly distributed.
- Turn the heat to low and let it cook until the zoodles are the firmness you desire. (I cooked mine for approx 4-5 minutes.)
- Take off the heat and serve immediately. Garnish with cheese.
*If your zoodles are retaining a lot of liquid, use a paper towel to soak up the excess water before you start to cook them.